Sunday 5 January 2014

Introduction

So I finally completed on my first house in the beginning of December after what seemed an eternity of waiting, although in reality was only about 4 months, and have now moved in. It is an old Victorian terrace, I'm unsure of the year it was built but it was around 1890/1900. I thought the previous owner had lived there for around 50 years but it turns out that they had in fact lived there for around 80 years, and owned it for 50. It hasn't been particularly well cared for in recent years, understandably given the ages of the previous owners, and a lot of the work they had done; plumbing, heating, electrics were ‘bodge’ jobs so there is a lot of work to be done.  


A lot of this work needed is either a) prohibitively expensive for the time being (new bathroom) or b) a job best left to the professional (new roof)  or c) both (the extension). So mainly this blog will focus on the smaller jobs that I can do myself. I’m not expecting any readers but thought a blog may give me an impetus to get through the hours and hours of stripping wallpaper, paint, sanding floors, painting, tiling etc. that are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment